Stan and Sue grew up in Anacortes, WA and have been serving as missionaries in Swaziland since 2004.
Swaziland, South Africa
- HIV/AIDS rates are climbing…Swaziland has the highest prevalence in the world.
- The number of orphans and vulnerable children steadily increases, largely due to the severity of HIV/AIDS
Mission Focus: to empower the local church in Swaziland to be the hands and feet of Christ in their communities
They operate on four strategic pillars that they call Swazi LIFE:
- Leadership training for pastors
- Intervention with orphans and widows
- Feeding the hungry in Jesus’ name, and
- Educating the next generation
- The Drews have connected a network of ministries to bring LIFE to impoverished rural communities. Their present focus is on developing Communities of Hope, which address the issues of clean water, sustainable food sources, and the training of national workers to address the devastation of HIV/AIDS.
- Sending Agency: Assemblies of God World Missions