WHY DO WE GIVE?
What is a tithe and how is it different from an offering?
The word, “tithe” literally means a tenth or 10%. A tithe is the first 10% of your income. An offering is anything you give above and beyond the 10%.
Why do we tithe?
The Bible says the purpose of tithing is to teach us always to put God first in our lives. Deuteronomy 14:23 Tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything we have. It is also God’s personal invitation to an outpouring of his blessing in our life.
In Malachi 3:10, God says this: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” This is the only place in Scripture where God tells us to put him to the test. In other words, he’s saying, “Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give me.”
HOW DO I GIVE?
Several safe and secure methods of giving provide convenient ways to offer our tithes and financially contribute to the ministries of Lake City Church:
- Weekend Gatherings: Simply place cash or checks in the offering basket during the collection at any weekend gathering. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
- Online giving: Online giving allows for a specific dollar amount to be deducted automatically from a checking or savings account. You can set up online giving either as a one-time donation or a recurring gift. Online giving is not only easy, it’s also safe and secure. This option helps individuals and families remain faithful in their giving even when they are out of town or unable to attend a weekend gathering.
- Bill Pay: You can add Lake City Church to your vendor list in your Bill Pay account with your bank.
- By mail: Mail your contribution to Lake City Church at 6000 N Ramsey Rd, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
- By text: You can now use your Smart Phone and text your giving to 208-219-7675. Follow the prompts for registration.
Thank you for your contributions. It has always been our mission to reach people beyond our four walls and help them experience the love of Jesus Christ. Your financial contributions not only help keep our local church and ministries going, but they also enable us to reach people on a global level! So thank you!